Monday, February 9, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog! Since mid-October, during the 2008 election, I realized that my passion for politics still burns strongly. I have been following politics on and off since the 2000 election...when I was 13 years old. Since then, I have been watching closely in 2004 and especially in 2008 as I have gotten older and gained a better understanding for the way America is structured socially, economically, and politically. I may just be a college undergrad who is close to getting her degree, but I have a lot of thoughts and opinions I want to share. This is the place I am planning on doing that. You may not agree with everything I say, but I can promise that I will passionately express my thoughts about what is going on with our economy and our government.

There are too many people I have encountered that are indifferent about these matters, and I propose that indifference and failure to educate one's self is a big reason we have found ourselves in this mess. We have elected a man who many claim to be the "savior" we've been waiting for, but the truth of the matter is, he will let us down. Not because he is a bad leader or politician, but because when we place our faith in a public figure (who is in fact, human), we will ALWAYS be let down. One man cannot be the one who saves us from catastrophe. Obama has been figuratively given the weight of America's problems, and in turn he is acting as though he must be the one to pull us through. Let us start by removing our collective expectation that Obama will have the answers to all of our country's problems, and then we can talk about what to do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment